Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Sauce Recipe
"My husband created this smooth tangy sauce back in the 60's," recalls Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine. "It complements the steamed artichokes, whether they're served warm or cold."
- 6 medium fresh artichokes
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Place the artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place the basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 25-35 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Sauce in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p37
Reviews for Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
A++ dip. I made it with extra salt easoning plus double the pepper sauce.