- 2/3 cup sliced shallots or green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Saute shallots in 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Stir in vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil and remaining butter until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with shallot sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steaks with Shallot Sauce in Reminisce June/July 2007, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steaks with Shallot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2010
We enjoyed it very much.