Steaks with Poblano Relish Recipe
- 1/2 poblano or Anaheim pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 unpeeled garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Broil pepper half and garlic clove 4 in. from heat until skin on pepper blisters, about 10-12 minutes. Immediately place pepper and garlic in a bowl; cover and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Peel pepper and garlic; finely chop and place in a small bowl. Stir in cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- 3. Rub steaks with oil. Combine salt, pepper and remaining cumin and chili powder; rub over steaks. In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with poblano relish. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 2 tablespoons relish : 208 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Steaks with Poblano Relish
"This was so good!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.