VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 poblano or Anaheim pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 unpeeled garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Broil pepper half and garlic clove 4 in. from heat until skin on pepper blisters, about 10-12 minutes. Immediately place pepper and garlic in a bowl; cover and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Peel pepper and garlic; finely chop and place in a small bowl. Stir in cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- Rub steaks with oil. Combine salt, pepper and remaining cumin and chili powder; rub over steaks. In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with poblano relish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steaks with Poblano Relish in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p35
Reviews forSteaks with Poblano Relish
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010
"This was so good!"