- 1/2 poblano or Anaheim pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 unpeeled garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Broil the pepper half and garlic clove 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 10-12 minutes. Immediately place in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel pepper and garlic skin; finely chop and place in a small bowl. Stir in the cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- Rub steaks with oil. Combine the salt, pepper and remaining cumin and chili powder; rub over steaks. In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with poblano relish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steaks with Poblano Relish in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steaks with Poblano Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010
This was so good!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >