Steaks with Peppery Onions Recipe
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onions, salt and pepper in oil and butter for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, broil steaks 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with onion mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steaks with Peppery Onions(4)
Sort By :
It is a good thing that I did not put the peppery onions on top of the steak. My family really disliked them - way too much pepper and salt. But it did smell good
Very easy, and lots of flavor. Will definitely make again.
This is very good and i would make it again
These were excellent--a hit with my steak and potato loving husband!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >