- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned
- bits. Stir in thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Gradually stir
- into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and mushroom
- mixture; heat through. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1/2 cup sauce equals 333 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.