Steaks with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), julienned
- 2 cups whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, garlic and shallot in butter for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine pepper and salt; rub over steaks. In the same skillet, cook steaks in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir in thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and mushroom mixture; heat through. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steaks with Mushroom Sauce(1)
Sort By :
Another winner from "Light & Tasty" magazine. Things I did differently... I omitted the salt (the beef broth and sun dried tomatoes are already salted) and I cooked the steaks out on the grill. We had the first sign of spring today so I drug out the grill. I made the sauce separately in a l sauce pan. Served the steaks and mushroom sauce with baked potatoes and steamed carrots for a very special Thursday dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Condiments >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Steak Dinner >