Steaks with Molasses-Glazed Onions Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons drippings in skillet and 1-1/2 teaspoons drippings in a small bowl. Set bowl aside.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add onion and reserved drippings to the skillet; saute until tender. Add vinegar, molasses and remaining salt and pepper; heat through. Serve onion mixture with steaks; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 1/3 cup onions and 1 tablespoon bacon equals 370 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Steaks with Molasses-Glazed Onions
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.