Steaks with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless beef New York strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag; add teriyaki sauce. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. In a bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, dill and salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Steaks with Cucumber Sauce
"Sauce had a great taste was expecting something different. But would definetly make it again. My kids loved just eating the cucumbers out of it. The whole family really enjoyed it."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.