Steaks with Cucumber Sauce
This recipe combines some of my family's favorite flavors. The tender steaks, marinated with teriyaki sauce, are accompanied by a creamy cucumber sauce seasoned with dill and chives. I've used this dish as both an appetizer and an entree.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 boneless beef New York strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag; add teriyaki sauce.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. In a bowl,
- combine the cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, dill and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot
- heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with cucumber sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab