Steaks with Crab Sauce Recipe
Start the meal with this surf and turf entree that's elegant enough for any occasion. A creamy crab sauce drapes nicely over New York strip steaks.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1. Combine the rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and wine or broth until smooth. Stir in the cream, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab; heat through. Serve over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC