- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- Combine the rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and wine or broth until smooth. Stir in the cream, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab; heat through. Serve over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteaks with Crab Sauce
"Used real crab meat instead of imitation. Was absolutely delicious. My husband said he would give it a six star on the 1 to 5 rating system."
"Very good. I made a rue instead of mixing corn starch and wine. It was excellent with steak. Probably go with roasted chicken."
"easy and everyone loved it :)"
"Delicious and a little different than most steak recipes. I will definitely make again."