Steaks with Chipotle Sauce Recipe
Chipotles in adobo sauce are dried smoked red jalapeno peppers, which are canned with a thick chili puree called adobo. They can be found in the Mexican section of your local supermarket. Like all hot peppers, handle these chilies and their sauce with care so they don't burn your skin or eyes. Unused chipotle peppers can be frozen. Individually freeze the peppers with some sauce on a lined baking sheet, then store in a resealable plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (7 ounces) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1. Chop one chipotle pepper; place in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce. Stir in sour cream and cilantro; refrigerate. (Save remaining peppers and sauce for another use.)
- 2. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC