Steakhouse Strip Steaks with Chimichurri Recipe
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Lime wedges
- 1. Brush steaks with oil. Combine the cumin, salt and pepper. Rub over steaks; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a food processor, combine the onion mixture, herbs, chilies, salt and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Add broth and lime juice. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream.
- 4. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chimichurri and lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak with 1/4 cup chimichurri: 520 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Steakhouse Strip Steaks with Chimichurri
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.