Steakhouse Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Stir in seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without browning sauce) equals 131 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Steakhouse Mushrooms
"Love this recipe! We make it again and again."
"Simple but so delicious!!!!!!!!"
"Loved these! Probably my all time favorite mushroom side to make with steak. Flavors were excellent."
"The mushrooms were very good! After cooking the mushrooms for a couple minutes, the butter had been quickly absorbed and the pan was dry. So we added a bit of chicken stock, then the seasonings and put the lid on for a couple minutes. The seasoning on the mushrooms are amazing!!"
"Quick and easy side dish that is delicious! My husband loved it and I'll be incorporating this recipe into more dishes. I too used baby bella mushrooms."
"Quick and easy side dish that is delicious! My husband loved it and I'll be incorporating this recipe into more dishes."
"I was happy to find a way to eat mushrooms in larger quantities, instead of just minced in other dishes. This recipe is simple and easy. If you have large mushrooms, it is good to cut them in half or in quarters to help them cook through. I served this with blue cheese-crusted steak."
"This one is a keeper for my family. It's a great way to use browning sauce."
"They smelled so good I burnt my mouth because I couldn't wait for them to cool!! They were delicious. The only changes I made were fresh herbs instead of dried and baby bella mushrooms."