"I got this recipe from a friend back when we were in nursing school," writes Kenda Burgett of Cloudy, Oklahoma. "Whenever my husband is cooking meat on the grill, you can bet I'll be in the kitchen preparing these mushrooms."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms;
- cook and stir until tender. Stir in seasonings and, if desired,
- browning sauce. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, for 3-5
- minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without browning sauce) equals 131 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.