Steak with Squash Medley Recipe
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (10 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced okra, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown steaks on both sides in 2 tablespoons oil. Cook 8 minutes longer or until the meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain skillet. Saute onion, squash, zucchini, okra if desired and garlic in remaining oil for 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, rosemary, thyme and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 528 calories, 43 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.