Steak with Squash Medley Recipe
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (10 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced okra, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown steaks on both sides in 2 tablespoons oil. Cook 8 minutes longer or until the meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain skillet. Saute onion, squash, zucchini, okra if desired and garlic in remaining oil for 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, rosemary, thyme and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 528 calories, 43g fat (12g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Steak with Squash Medley
"Liked the topping but it didn't do much for the steak. Might try putting in on chicken or pork chops instead."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.