Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce
“This is an easy, yet fancy dish for company,” writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. “You'll get the delicious taste of orange along with a little spiciness. It's great with rice and a side salad.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3
- cup for basting.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°), basting with some of the reserved sauce. Let stand for 5
- minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 283 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.