Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting.
- 2. Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting with some of the reserved sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 283 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.