Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce Recipe
“This is an easy, yet fancy dish for company,” writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. “You'll get the delicious taste of orange along with a little spiciness. It's great with rice and a side salad.”
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting with some of the reserved sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >