Steak with Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless beef sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Rub steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add the beans, beer and garlic; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients. Serve with steaks and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 322 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.