Steak with Dipping Sauce Recipe
From Locust Grove, Oklahoma, Linda Foreman suggests this quick steak with sauteed mushrooms and beans and a zesty dipping sauce for cool-weather evenings. To complete the meal, she serves with steak fries, potato salad or pasta and cold beer or wine.
- 2 boneless beef sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rub steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add the beans, beer and garlic; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients. Serve with steaks and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak with Dipping Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak with Dipping Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Condiments >