Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Combine peppercorns and pepper; rub over both sides of steaks. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Sprinkle salt in a large skillet; heat on high until salt begins to brown. Add steaks and brown on both sides. Add butter; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- 3. Add Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; cook each side 2-3 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove steaks and keep warm. Add cream to the skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
"I made this three times before and it will be fourth times for tonight. This recipe was so DELICIOUS! The sauce is so tasty. This recipe is obviously a keeper!"
"I loved this recipe! It turned out so good! I eat at this local restaurant that makes this and it almost matched it perfectly! I had used 2 NY strips instead and I used 1 and 1/2 tsp. Peppercorn and 1/2 tsp of the white pepper. The only thing I did wrong, I think was I should have turned the pan down before I removed the steak....I smoked everyone out of the house! Yet the steak was excellent. Oh and I scored the fat and placed it on the fat in the brown salt first before browning the meat side!!!MMMMMH MHHHH it was good!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.