Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
My wife, Mailynn, and I both love spicy foods. This is one of her favorite dishes. I've been cooking it as a treat on her birthday for years.—David Collin, Martinez, California
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Combine peppercorns and pepper; rub over both sides of steaks. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Sprinkle salt in a large skillet; heat on high until salt begins to brown. Add steaks and brown on both sides. Add butter; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- 3. Add Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; cook each side 2-3 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove steaks and keep warm. Add cream to the skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC