- Drain and discard marinade. Broil or grill steak, uncovered, over
- medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl. Cut steak across the grain into
- thin slices. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces equals 203 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.