- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steaks (1 pound each)
- For chimichurri, place the parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic and chipotle peppers in a food processor; cover and pulse until minced. Add 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, lime peel, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drizzle steaks with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain; serve with chimichurri. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak with Chipotle-Lime Chimichurri
Sort By :
I loved this sauce!
Very tasty, especially if you like a little spice. I would recommend cutting down the Chimichurri though. It makes way more than you'll need.
Tried this out over the weekend...it was very good. Yes, there is alot of garlic...you could cut back a little if you don't want it as spicy. The sauce is delicious. I served the steak with a zucchini-cilantro salad & jalapeno potato gratin...a very elegant tasting 'latin inspired' meal!
Can never have tooooo much garlic..can't wait to try this!
Really good but wayyyy to much garlic as well as peppers. I am going to try cut both in half next time
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >