Steak with Chipotle-Lime Chimichurri Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steaks (1 pound each)
- 1. For chimichurri, place the parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic and chipotle peppers in a food processor; cover and pulse until minced. Add 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, lime peel, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Drizzle steaks with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain; serve with chimichurri. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 297 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.