Steak-Through-the-Heart Bites Recipe
Our Test Kitchen staff enhances the already fabulous flavor of beef kabobs by topping them with a colorful roasted red pepper sauce. Guests will fall in love with these appetizers!
- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into eight pieces
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skins; remove stems and seeds. Place peppers in a food processor. Add the oil, vinegar, anchovies and thyme. Cover and process until blended.
- For kabobs, combine the oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper; rub over beef. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning once. Thread beef onto skewers. Serve with red pepper sauce. Yield: 8 kabobs (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Steak-Through-the-Heart Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p238
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak-Through-the-Heart Bites(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >