- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 16 pieces
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skins. Remove stems and seeds. Place peppers in a food processor. Add oil, vinegar, anchovies and thyme; process until blended.
- For beef, mix oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper; rub over beef. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning once. Thread beef onto appetizer skewers. Serve with red pepper sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Steak-Through-the-Heart Filets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p238
Reviews for Steak-Through-the-Heart Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >