Steak Teriyaki Quesadillas Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 3 tablespoons for filling. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Remove steak from the grill and cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, green pepper and beef.
- 4. Sprinkle half of the cheese over three tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, top with beef mixture. Drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining tortillas.
- 5. Grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 18 wedges.
1 wedge equals 113 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.