- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 3 tablespoons for filling. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove steak from the grill and cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, green pepper and beef.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over three tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, top with beef mixture. Drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining tortillas.
- Grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 18 wedges.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steak Teriyaki Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Great steak marinade!"
"The steak barely made it into the quesadilla. It smelled so good coming off the grill that we all had to taste it ... and could barely stop! What a wonderful marinade. Followed recipe exactly, entire family loved it. Will DEFINITELY make this again."
"These are really delicious. I forgot to reserve some of the marinade which would have made them even better, but they were still good without it. Will definitely make again."
"This was excellent and a fun change on a basic quesadilla."