Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushrooms. Place gravy mix in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Add beef and mushrooms to the gravy. Serve with noodles. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Steak Stroganoff
Sort By :
This was very good but I will do a few things different next time. I will use low sodium broth to reduce the salty taste. I also used only one package of the gravy mix to 3 or so cups of the liquid, then half the sour cream. That was more than enough sauce. Otherwise it was great.
I always use mash potatoes for beef stroganoff and it is the best
Initially I kept thinking "there's too much .....stuff in this but I'm going to try it anyway". I'm glad I did. It was delicious! I'll definitely be making this again
This recipe was great! I will be making again!
I have made this for my family more times than I can count! It is always a requested favorite...especially with the children. Love it!