From Lisa VanEgmond of Annapolis, Illinois, a favorite traditional dinner becomes fuss-free in the slow cooker. Tender sirloin steak in flavorful gravy is served over noodles for a home-style meal your whole family will request time and again.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushrooms. Place gravy mix in a
- large saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the
- heat; stir in sour cream. Add beef and mushrooms to the gravy. Serve
- with noodles. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.