- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, seasoning blend, thyme, pepper and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now