Steak Strips with Spaghetti Recipe
"I've been serving this super skillet supper for many years," reports Iris Posey of Albany, Georgia. "The flavorful beef dish is equally appealing when you substitute pork or veal," she adds.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, seasoning blend, thyme, pepper and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steak Strips with Spaghetti in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Strips with Spaghetti(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >