Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced carrots or celery
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine the cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; add to bouillon. Set aside. Toss beef with garlic, ginger and pepper. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 266 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Steak Stir-Fry
"This was an absolutely delicious dish, tasted like it was straight from a restaurant. I also tried a small portion with turkey breast tenderloins and it was also a hit. I used low sodium soy sauce and added corn. Will definitely be using this recipe again"
"This recipe tastes just like Chinese food I order. It was yummy and I will be making it again. I do wish it had lower sodium so I'm trying to find a substitute for the soy sauce."
"This was a very flavorful dish! My house smelled like a gourmet kitchen while cooking this recipe. I would probably add some extra carrots and peppers next time, though."
"quick, easy and yummy!"
"Absolutely one of the best dishes I have tasted. The only thing I did different was I added red and yellow peppers along with the green peppers and I added bamboo shoots. It was so easy and delicious. Would recommend anyone to try it"
"This was an absolutely delicious recipe. everyone in my family loved it and will definitely will make this again."
"This recipe was a quick and easy one to make and the whole family loved it! Having a large family, I was happy to find it multiplied out easily and still tasted just as good!"
"I loved this! I did buy the frozen bag of stir fry veggies and it came out delish! I just had to add some salt. I also mixed the rice in the pan with the veggies and meat to get the sauce all mixed in throughout."
"My daughter loves to stir-fry, we made this together and it was awesome."
"Very good, cooking the beef with the garlic and ginger really added flavor. I didn't have any fresh veggies, so I added frozen mixed veggies and scallions from the garden. Turned out very good, no leftovers."
"Was very good. I used low-sodium soy sauce and it turned out just right."
"I marinated the steak in a marinade and also used both carrots and celery. Next time I will use 1 cup of each of the carrots and celery. I will also use low sodium soy sauce because it was a bit salty but otherwise delicious and very easy to prepare."
"this was very good. I did use both carrots and celery and added some broccoli and cauliflower. I did not have canola oil so I usd olive oil and sesame oil. I used 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak. I found the sauce a little too thick so I added 1/3 cup water at the end. Perfect!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.