Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes
Everyone in our family loves these flavorful barbecue sandwiches. The recipe makes a big batch, and it freezes nicely, too.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili
- powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- Serve on buns. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 302 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch,