Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 15 servings.
1 sandwich equals 302 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes
"Big hit here! My 13 year old who doesn't like tomatoes even devoured it! Only one who wasn't a fan ... the 3 year old, but that isn't saying much. If you are looking for the non typical sloppy joe. This recipe is for you!"