Patti Basten DEPERE, WISCONSIN Everyone in our family loves these flavorful barbecue sandwiches. The recipe makes a big batch, and it freezes nicely, too.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes in Country Extra September 2008, p49
Reviews for Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2011
"Big hit here! My 13 year old who doesn't like tomatoes even devoured it! Only one who wasn't a fan ... the 3 year old, but that isn't saying much. If you are looking for the non typical sloppy joe. This recipe is for you!"