Patti Basten DEPERE, WISCONSIN Everyone in our family loves these flavorful barbecue sandwiches. The recipe makes a big batch, and it freezes nicely, too.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes in Country Extra September 2008, p49
Reviews for Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review