Steak Sandwiches Recipe
These wonderful sandwiches are very satisfying. I like to serve them with raw veggies and fresh fruit. Onion plus the red and green pepper give the sandwich zip.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 French or submarine rolls, split
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Butter rolls and place buttered side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, combine the green pepper, red pepper and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. To the skillet, add the steak. Cook and stir until steak reaches desired doneness. Return peppers to pan; heat through. Spoon beef mixture onto rolls. Sprinkle with cheese. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 589 calories, 34g fat (16g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Steak Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC