Steak Sandwich Recipe
From Dundee, Ohio, Hosanna Miller relates, "My family loves these warm sandwiches that dress up deli roast beef with sauteed peppers, cheese and Italian salad dressing. Include a salad or soup and your meal is set."
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 sandwich rolls, split
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the roast beef, Italian dressing and remaining mayonnaise. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and vegetables on rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 601 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,728 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC