Steak Sandwich Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 sandwich rolls, split
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the roast beef, Italian dressing and remaining mayonnaise. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and vegetables on rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 601 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1728mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Steak Sandwich
"I butter the rolls and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. I think this is a good recipe."
"These were good but weren't quite as flavorful as I hoped they would be - next time, I think I'll toast the rolls and spread a little garlic mayo on them."