Seasoned steak skewers are grilled with bread and veggies and topped with provolone cheese for a fantastic meal. Coleslaw, spruced up with chopped walnuts, is a great side for the kabobs.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning. Alternately thread the beef, red pepper, bread cubes and onion onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw and walnuts. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak Sandwich Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p7
Reviews forSteak Sandwich Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2014
"My favorite go to meal!"
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2009
"easy to adjust to preferences, no veggies, no cheese, etc. I also added button mushrooms to the kabobs - good addition. A definite keeper.Skipped the coleslaw and walnuts."