Seasoned steak skewers are grilled with bread and veggies and topped with provolone cheese for a fantastic meal. Coleslaw, spruced up with chopped walnuts, is a great side for the kabobs.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning. Alternately thread the beef, red pepper, bread cubes and onion onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw and walnuts. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak Sandwich Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p7
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Sandwich Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review