- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 sandwich rolls, split
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the roast beef, Italian dressing and remaining mayonnaise. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and vegetables on rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Sandwich
Sort By :
"I butter the rolls and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. I think this is a good recipe."
"These were good but weren't quite as flavorful as I hoped they would be - next time, I think I'll toast the rolls and spread a little garlic mayo on them."