Steak San Marino Recipe
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into six pieces
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, celery, tomato sauce, garlic, bay leaf, Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak San Marino(2)
Sort By :
I looked this but it being an Italian style dish I would put in some thinly sliced onion and maybe a bullion cube with the tomato sauce. In order to have enough sauce I doubled it but I also used nearly 2 lbs of meat which I cut in strips about 1/2 inch thick. I cooked on high for 2 hours then lowered it to low for the last 3. Another addition might be pearl onions.
My husband said it was a keeper but I seldom leave a recipe as listed. I usually try it once and add to it to suit our taste so this is no exception.
This was a delicious change of pace from the usual "pot roast". I did add a can of diced tomatoes (italian style) and this added to the gravy. I also added more carrots because we really like them. Wonderful recipe and definitely a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >