- 2-1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 3/4 pound beef ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups julienned peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese mixture and immediately drape over an inverted shot glass or miniature muffin cup; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese, forming 20 baskets.
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook steak over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Cool and drain, discarding pan juices; place in a large bowl. Add the cucumbers, carrots and olives.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, and remaining salt and pepper; add to steak mixture and toss to coat. Place about 3 tablespoons salad in each basket. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Steak Salad Baskets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p177
Reviews for Steak Salad Baskets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >