Rather than use typical treatments for leftover steak, our home economists toss the chilled meat with romaine, sliced mushrooms and tomato for a fresh and filling salad. Blue cheese and french-fried onions make flavorful accents. To create a tangy-sweet dressing, just whisk together olive oil and a few other ingredients.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, mushrooms and tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Arrange on four serving plates. Top with the steak, blue cheese and onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p52
Reviews forSteak Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2013
"Forgot to buy mushrooms because they were not listed under ingredients but listed in directions. I used Tenderloin meat instead & it was delicious."
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
"This was great"