Steak Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Flatten steak to 1/3-in. thickness. Cut into six pieces. In a small bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Place 1/3 cup on each piece of steak; roll up and fasten with a toothpick. Roll in flour.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil. In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and browning sauce if desired; pour over roll-ups. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Steak Roll-Ups
"Very good. Love the flavor combination of meat, gravy, and stuffing."
"This recipe is so easy, used thin cut round steak so the long cooking time of this recipe really made for tender steak. The filling was excellent. I followed the recipe as written."
"I was running short on time so I stuffed meat with box mix stuffing. It was amazingly good!"
"Good enough for company. Make recipe exactly as printed but used "golden" mushroom soup. Wow - this was good!!!!"
"I haven't made this in a while but my husband still remembers it and is asking for it. It has a wonderful flavor even if I can't get it to look so pretty as the picture"
"these are really good. i cheated and bought tenderized steaks which were cut up into perfect portion size. will make them again. had them with mashed potatoes. yum"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.