Steak Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Flatten steak to 1/3-in. thickness. Cut into six pieces. In a small bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Place 1/3 cup on each piece of steak; roll up and fasten with a toothpick. Roll in flour.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil. In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and browning sauce if desired; pour over roll-ups. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Roll-Ups(4)
Sort By :
I was running short on time so I stuffed meat with box mix stuffing. It was amazingly good!
Good enough for company. Make recipe exactly as printed but used "golden" mushroom soup. Wow - this was good!!!!
I haven't made this in a while but my husband still remembers it and is asking for it. It has a wonderful flavor even if I can't get it to look so pretty as the picture