- Uncover; stir in the potatoes. Cook until heated through. Spoon meat
- mixture into a greased 7-in. pie plate or 2-cup baking dish.
- For the crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter
- and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a
- fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out pastry to fit baking dish. Use a small cookie cutter to cut
- a shape in the center of the pastry; place pastry over meat mixture.
- Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of dish; flute edges. Brush with
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned
- on edges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 933 calories, 54 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 2,303 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now