I enjoy preparing this dish since it is one of the easiest, hearty meals I serve...so tasty, too. The chicken gumbo soup adds a unique flavor to the rest of the ingredients. -Dennis Robinson, Laurel, Montana
- 2-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 baking potatoes
- Cut steak into 3-in. x 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Stir in soups and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes on a baking pan. Bake potatoes and steak mixture for 1-1/2 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Serve steak over the potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Steak over Potatoes in Reminisce May/June 2001, p48
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak over Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2011
"I love this recipe and the stores around here no longer carry cream of onion soup"