Steak over Potatoes
I enjoy preparing this dish since it is one of the easiest, hearty meals I serve...so tasty, too. The chicken gumbo soup adds a unique flavor to the rest of the ingredients.
-Dennis Robinson, Laurel, Montana
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 baking potatoes
- Cut steak into 3-in. x 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Stir in soups
- and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes on a baking pan. Bake potatoes and steak mixture for
- 1-1/2 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Serve steak over
- the potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 519 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.