Steak over Potatoes Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 baking potatoes
- 1. Cut steak into 3-in. x 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Stir in soups and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. Place potatoes on a baking pan. Bake potatoes and steak mixture for 1-1/2 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Serve steak over the potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 519 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Steak over Potatoes
"I love this recipe and the stores around here no longer carry cream of onion soup"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.