- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots, partially cooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 15 fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Freeze steak just until firm; slice diagonally across grain into 1/4-in. strips.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meat and garlic; stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove meat to a platter.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery and green onions; stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add pea pods and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add meat.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour into skillet; cook and stir until thickened. Gently toss in spaghetti and heat through for 1 minute. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Lo Mein
"Very tasty , healthy, easy main dish!"
"This is fantastic. I make this and eat on it all week. Takes a little time to put all together but worth it. Soooo good!"
"This was good. I used pre-shredded carrots rather than pre-cooking regular ones. I tossed these carrots in with the cabbage, etc. According to my recipe nutrition program, the fiber in this recipe is 3.3 grams per serving"
"Excellent recipe if you have leftovers to use up but it does need modified. The steak should be marinated in a soy sauce mixture before cooking because it came off kind of bland. I will also not use the cornstarch and substitute Chinese noodles for the spaghetti."
"How can there be no fiber in this? It is full of vegetables."