Steak House Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 1 cup fat-free miniature pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high, for 4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the fried onions, peanuts, onion powder and garlic powder; toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup: 276 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Steak House Snack Mix
"I made this for my husband because he loves steak sauce. I changed it up to the ingredients I had on hand, omitting the fried onions. I also added some salt and pepper cashews. It was very quick to make. It's spicy and flavorful, from how he was eating it, it seemed addicting, too!"