Steak House Snack Mix Recipe
My family prefers steak and potato type meals. One day we thought it would be great to use steak sauce in a Chex Mix snack. So, I came up with this recipe to satisfy their craving for a steak-like treat.—Jennifer Mitchell, Altoona, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 1 cup fat-free miniature pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high, for 4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the fried onions, peanuts, onion powder and garlic powder; toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup: 276 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Steak House Snack Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC