Steak House Burgers Recipe
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup French-fried onions
- Sliced tomato and lettuce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and horseradish; cover and refrigerate until serving. In another small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and garlic powder; spread over bun tops. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, steak sauce and onion soup mix. Shape into four patties.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 4. Top with Swiss cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Place buns, cut side down, on grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green onions in remaining butter until tender. Serve burgers on buns; top with horseradish sauce, French-fried onions, mushroom mixture and, if desired, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 833 calories, 55 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 1,143 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.