- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup French-fried onions
- Sliced tomato and lettuce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and horseradish; cover and refrigerate until serving. In another small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and garlic powder; spread over bun tops. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, steak sauce and onion soup mix. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top with Swiss cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Place buns, cut side down, on grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green onions in remaining butter until tender. Serve burgers on buns; top with horseradish sauce, French-fried onions, mushroom mixture and, if desired, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Steak House Burgers
Sort By :
"I broiled these, but can't wait to try grilling them. They were very good!"
"My husband and kids LOVE these burgers!! They ask for them all the time!!! :-)"
"This is a keeper!! I loved the taste!!!"
"Just when you thought there is nothing new to do to a burger, I came across this recipe. Everyone in my family loved it and asked for more. The combination was not something I would come up with on my own and that's what made it so great. I used prepared horsey sauce instead of the horseradish and mayo, and it was great. The french fried onions really make it. A great way to liven up burgers."
"My husband and I loved this Burger! There are so many wonderful flavors and textures going on in your mouth at the same time. The only thing I changed was to spray Buttered flavored Pam on cut kaiser rolls and broil them until toasted, then spread cheese/butter mixture on only one side and place back into broiler until melted. Very tasty!"