Steak Hash Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted; keep warm. Prepare eggs as desired. Divide hash among four plates and top with an egg. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 253mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Steak Hash
"Great recipe! Try adding a combination of red and green bell peppers for more color. I recommend topping with poached eggs, but fried with a splash of hot sauce would be good too."
"Yummy! A great way to use up leftovers. Would be fantastic with Pepper Jack Cheese."
"Thank Mrs. Nowakowski for this great recipe!**Sincerely** - (Kathy Joscelyn from Oxford, NY - 30 mi. north of Binghamton)"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.